End of my first job rotation

Time flies so fast. It's been 11 months since I have started my career with DBS.

Overview my first rotation in Fund Accounting
It has come to the end of my first rotation in Fund Accounting. Briefly, what I have been doing is producing valuation reports for clients which includes recording the portfolio holdings, accounting entries, and corporate actions. I've learnt both technical and soft skills. Think back, there were many things happening, of course there were ups and down. But, when it came to the end, I did feel 'missing' to everything there, both the work and the people. Well, this how is human behave right!

1-week training, 1-day branch attachment
Now I'm going through a 1-week training before landing to my new job rotation. It reminds me to our 1 month training before we really started working.

Yesterday, we were sent for one-day branch attachment whereby we observed how is the branch operations, front and back office. I got Ang Mo Kio DBS Branch. It's indeed an exciting experience! I find out many new things that I didn't even aware before. I come to understand something that I used to question or complain as a customer., like why the teller sometime go in to the back office so long before come out to attend or to complete our transaction/queries, why some people can get the bag and just drop off to deposit without queuing, is dropping cheque to the box safe, why queue so long, why branch close so early etc...and I don't even know that deposit coin is chargeable hahaha...
Coz I wore the staff pass,  many people approached n asked me questions. But still, I enjoyed the process..it's nice to talk and meet many people! Act like an expert, act smart..haha. luckily, the questions they ask were easy one that we have been trained..haha... and one thing , don't underestimate security guard! Ask him before you queue at the wrong queue.

Coming forward, next Monday I will start my new journey in Structured Trade. 
I was worried if I couldn't get into this department, and I was worried if this is a right choice. But yeah God leads the way, hope this is the right one.

Anyway, just do it!
Whatever we do, it's part of our fate.

0 comments:



Post a Comment